nuffnang

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Old Boy

The 2009 Korean Film Festival in Manila will be showing 7 films for free in Shangri-La Mall starting today until September 29. I must admit that although the titles of the featured films seem familiar (maybe because I read about them in one of the korean forums I visit), I've never really took the time to read the synopsis nor watch the films. So out of curiousity, I've decided to take a look at them and post it here in my blog.



Old Boy is a multi-awarded 2003 South Korean film by Park Chan-Wook. The movie is about a man who was imprisoned for 15 years and after his release, had 5 days for vengeance.

Cast:
Choi Min-sik
Yu Ji-Tae
Kang Hye-jeong

For more info:
imdb
hancinema
wikipedia

The story sounds interesting but they say this film is violent. I guess I have to watch it and see for myself. I also read that this one will have a hollywood remake.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin